Large group holiday cottage accommodation sleeping up to 15 people.
On the edge of the Peak District, Matlock Bath, Derbyshire.
The terms below apply to all bookings placed on or after 1st August 2020:
Please read the "Terms & Booking Conditions" before completing the "Booking Form".
1. Crow Pie Cottage ("the property") is offered for hire subject to confirmation by Ms Sellers ("the owner") to the renter ("the client"),
2. To reserve the property the client should complete and submit the booking form online to place a provisional booking. Once payment of the deposit, (30% of total cost) has been received then the booking is confirmed and the owner will forward a confirmation which is the formal confirmation of the booking.
3. The balance of the total cost is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to points 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made using the Master Cancel guarantee. Any expenses or losses incurred in so doing may be deducted from the refunded amount. The client is recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance, baggage, personal belongings and public liability etc., as these things are not covered by the owner insurance.
5. The number of guests occupying the property must not exceed the maximum number offered on the website unless by prior agreement with the owner; should this condition not be observed, the owner retains the right to refuse entry to any or all guests within the party. The client will be charged for any guests exceeding the number specified at a rate of £100 per day per additional guest or £500 per 7 days per additional guest.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day for weekly and long weekend breaks. Short weekend breaks commence at 4pm on the Friday and finish at 4pm on the last day.
7. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in the same condition as found.
8. The owner shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliances in the property or garden. Nor for any loss, damage, or injury, which is the result of any adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner. The owner is also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period.
9. The client must provide details to the owner of any outside company that will be providing goods or services (eg. outside caterers, spa treatments, butlers etc.) at the property during the client's stay.
10. The client will not remove any of the contents from the property or make any addition or alteration to the property.
11. The owner may in exceptional circumstances be required to cancel the booking in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to the client.
12. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to or loss of personal property of the client. The client is responsible for insuring his own contents and personal effects kept at the property.
13.The owner is entitled to refuse to hand over the property to the client or repossess the property if the owner reasonably believes damage has been caused or is likely to be caused to the property by the client. These circumstances will be treated as a cancellation by the client, no refund of monies paid will be made and the owner accepts no liability towards further costs incurred by the client.
14. No pets are allowed in the property.
15. No Candles of any type are allowed and the client would assume responsibility for any damage.
16. No smoking or vaping is allowed in the property. Smoking related fires invalidate the insurance, and the client would assume responsibility for any damage.
This contract is governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England. Note. These booking conditions will be included in the booking confirmation.